Monday, May 23, 2011

Joy

What makes you happy?  Have you ever thought about it?  Recently I made a list and thought I would share some of it with you.

My very first cup of coffee of the morning

Making my family laugh

The smell of cinnamon

Wild flowers

Touring decorated model homes – great inspiration for my own home

Days cool enough to bake with the windows open

Fresh lemon wedges in ice tea

Listening to acoustical guitar music – my late father used to play

Cold, creamy desserts

Phone calls with my mom, sisters and friends

Visiting at the dinner table long after the meal is through

Cuddling with my husband, kids and a soft blanket on the sofa at night

The sound of frogs and crickets outside as I drift off to sleep at night – reminds me of summer camping trips in Texas when I was growing up

Knowing God loves me no matter what

When it’s possible, I include some of these things in my day. 
What’s on your list? 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dear Friend,
    Welcome to blogland!! I love this post! It just gave me the warm fuzzies and made me miss you even more!!

    I sooo want to come have coffee together and let the girls play...LOL...I mean~~hang out!! Those were the days, huh?

    Can't wait to see more from you on here!!
    Love you to the moon!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deann, I am happy to meet you. I'm a friend of Becky's. She is so sweet. What a beautiful blog you have started. Of course, I love roses and love your blog name.
    What makes me happy? Time with my hub, family and granddaughter, reading a magazine in the warmth of the sun, coffee with my morning Bible study, gardening, roses, flowers, and making new friends in blogland :).
    Come visit when you have time.
    ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete